When it comes to fertility wellness, taking care of your body is essential. But it’s not just about eating right and exercising; it’s also about finding ways to boost your energy while maintaining healthy habits. In this blog post, we’ll explore some tips for renewed energy and healthy habits to help you achieve optimal fertility wellness in 2023.
Fertility Boosting Habits
-Eat a balanced diet: The food you regularly consume provides the nutrients your body needs to function at its best. Prioritize whole foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats. Summer farmer’s markets are a great way to help you eat healthier!
-Exercise regularly: Regular exercise helps to regulate your menstrual cycle, lower your stress and improve your mood. It only takes 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week, (taking brisk walks, hiking, practicing your favorite yoga poses or swimming).
-Practice stress management techniques: Meditation, yoga, deep breathing or some other stress-reducing techniques is a great way to manage stress levels. There are even some cool fertility apps to help you:
- Glow is a comprehensive fertility app that helps you track your menstrual cycle, monitor fertility and predict ovulation. It also offers stress reduction tools (meditation and breathing exercises) to manage stress and anxiety.
- Clue is a period tracking app to help you track your menstrual cycle and identify patterns in your fertility. It also offers a “health insights” feature that provides information on topics like reproductive health and stress management.
- Kindara is a fertility tracking app that uses data to help you identify patterns in your menstrual cycle and fertility. It also offers stress reduction tools (guided meditations and relaxation exercises) for managing stress and anxiety.
- FertiCalm is a fertility app specifically designed to help you manage stress and anxiety related to trying to conceive. It offers guided meditations, relaxation exercises, and a stress journal to help you identify and manage your stress levels.
- Flo is a period tracking app that offers fertility tracking features (ovulation prediction and fertility window tracking). It has a “Mind” section that provides resources for stress management, including guided meditations and relaxation exercises.
-Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is especially important for fertility wellness. Aim for seven to nine hours of sleep each night and establish a consistent sleep routine to help regulate your body’s natural rhythms.
-Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight (or underweight) can disrupt your menstrual cycle and decrease your chances of getting pregnant. Work with a healthcare provider to establish a healthy weight range for your body type and lifestyle.
-Avoid smoking and limit alcohol intake: Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can have a negative impact on fertility. If you smoke, consider quitting, and if you drink alcohol, limit your intake to one or two drinks per day.
-Stay up-to-date on healthcare appointments: Regular healthcare appointments help identify any underlying health issues that may be impacting your fertility wellness. Stay up-to-date on your annual physicals, gynecological exams and any other healthcare appointments recommended by your healthcare provider.
Fertility wellness can be a challenging journey, so it’s essential to practice healthy habits to boost your energy and increase your chances of getting pregnant. Our Utah Fertility Center specialists are here to assist you on your fertility journey. If you have questions or concerns about infertility in Pleasant Grove, Murray, Ogden, Park City and St. George, Utah, please call us at 801-785-5100 today. We are here to help you!